Glowing Battery Bulb - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 27-08-02 Thread Starter
AO Member
Glowing Battery Bulb

Hello people!
I had a regulator problem 1st (a part from the alternator).The battery wasnt getting enough charge and the inside btry bulb used to light just was like fading red. Now that ive changed the regulator the btry is getting charged how it should be, but sometimes the bulb "lights" slowly and when this happens the btry seems to be not charged enough as the windows go up slowly and before i start the engine it looks as if its finding it hard to turn the engine.I think its a contact problem - that would be hard though 2 find the damn mysterious wire!If you have experienced this problem or know something about it please let me know so i'll try my best 2 fix my sprint

Tnx alot guys!
Sponsored Links
Founder of AO
County: Essex

Member car:

Maserati GTS

sounds like a bad earth, good luck with it!
AO Member
As well as the obvious earth and contact investigations maybe you should consider upgrading the alternator. As far as I know all sud based alfas suffer to some degree from the symptons you have described. If you visit the Alfa 33 discussion list and do a search you will see that there are VW and Opel/Vauxhall/GM alternators that fit alfas directly and are of higher rating that eliminate the battery light and other problems.

best of luck.

Hey JMA, I am expiriencing the same problem. I was advised to check my ground connections and alternator connections. I have found that my main ground cable (from - battery) looks a bit rusty. I am trying to get a new, thicker one (old is only 10 square mm) and hope that that solves my problem. If it does, i will get back to you. In the meantime, u could clean or renew ur ground connections. Good luck

AO Silver Member
County: Surrey
I've had this one and cannot remember the solution, it was about 7 or 8 years ago! However, I think it was either the earth on the bulk-head, the multi-connection one or that the fuses were slightly corroded and a few minutes cleaning them and then using battery terminal grease to 'seal' them worked. I think it was the heater blower motor fuse, but current is a funny thing it will 'track' along and thru' any wiring if the earth is poor. We've all seen stop-lights flashing, instead of the indicators because of flasher circuits having a poor earth.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

battery , bulb , glowing