Do late 33's still torque steer? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-01 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

04 147 GTA

Do late 33's still torque steer?

The first 33's (series 1 and 2) torque steered, right? So Alfa got rid of the torques steer on the P4's which came out in 91/92. So, do the subsequent standard non -p4 33s in 93/94 torque steer under hard acceleration?
Sponsored Links
Like yourself I had a P4 a few years back and there was definately no tourqe steer, however with my mk2 it kinda makes it more fun with the tourque steer.

I have spoken to people with the mk3 and from what I can gather there is still tourque steer evident but not quite as bad as the earlier car's, don't know if this is because of the way the 16v deliver's it's power (ie: bugger all below 4 grand) or because the newer car's were a fair bit heavier.

Here's a question for you guy's that will rack your brain's though, speaking to a friend he reckon's that on the late mk3's with abs there was a provision for traction control, doe's anyone know if this is true and if it was ever fitted to any model's or is he feeding me a load of crap.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 perm 4

any car with abs can have traction control fitted. the system will just use the same sensors that tell the abs that the wheel has stopped moving to tell the traction control that the wheel is moving too fast...
have a loot at this site.. they do a very good TC ubit and I know of 3 people that use it and would defo' get it fitted to their next cars..

but as far as i know.. and i know 33's quite well, there was never a uk one fitted with traction control form the factory.

if life was easy, everyone would do it.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Sold :(

You don't have to have ABS for the above mentioned system. You can buy little sensors from them that do the job. But I think that system is fairly expensive.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

late , steer , torque