Horrid rear arches - advice please!
My Gold Cloverleaf has been looking at me accusingly for the past five years - "PLEASE restore me".
Until earlier this week, I avoided the issue, mainly due to my hopeless welding skills. Then - inspiration! Why not use modern 2 pack adhesives instead. Spoke to a fair few experts who agree that the strength will be superior to a weld. (I know the MOT won't like it - but once properly filled they won't know!!)
So, refreshed and enthused, I set about sizing up the project. The front bits and sills are much as I remembered - lots to do but surprisingly good. Then, I started to poke about the rear arches. Horrid. Outer, inner, bottom of the inner and outer valance and even towards the linkage mounting point - all thin air.
Has anyone any views on a) the adhesive concept, b) a good way to go about things (I don't want to chop the remainign slivers of metal away before I have made a pattern for the new stuff) and c) should I give up and look for a good shell!
Looking forward to hearing yr collective wisdom.