This suspension exchange turned out to be a real nightmare
First of all, I installed the right drive axle with the thick spacer, and the left one with the thin spacer as the thick one wouldnt fit !
When I was done, I found out that the axle was actually broken on the inner side and the wheel wouldnt turn.
So I had to change it again , but it wouldnt come out of the hub !!!! So I had to change the hub as well
Then I installed that axle with the thick spacer as well , as it would now fit !
I measured the axles and they were exactly the same lenght !
Next I managed to snap the bolt straight off the top of the right shock absorber pan and discovered that the other bolt had worn threads as well
Then I found out that the hub on the left side that I had just changed had worn threads as well as a piece of metal and rowplug stuffed inside the threads as well !!!
Sorted everything out and just put the car back on its own wheels.
Drove it a bit round the block, the steering needs adjusting, the front shock absorbers need new inserts , and the newly rebuilt alternator I put on isnt charging when lights are on
I'm leaving it as it is, at least it rolls now , until I can get the parts I need to finish the suspension.
... oh... and my gearbox needs changing as the diff plays in about 1cm in and out