Brake Upgrade for 82 Sud - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 16-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Queensland

Member car:

82 Sud Ti

Brake Upgrade for 82 Sud

I have an 82 Sud, and I am looking to upgrade the brakes - particularly to get rid of the inboard front discs. This brings associated headaches with sorting out a cable handbrake on the rear, as I would like to retain discs on the rear also.
I should be able to get my hands on some parts from a late model (disc brake rear 16v) 33, but I will have to get the parts sent to me and I need to know exactly what parts I will require. The rear calipers obviously, but will they fit over the sud rear discs and use the same mounting points or should I get the discs from the 33 also? Are the 16v front calipers and discs in any way different from the earlier model 33 jobbies? I can get some other 33 front parts locally, which will save me a few bucks in postage, but if the 16v ones are superior (and fittable to earlier 33 shafts etc) then I can get those sent to me also.

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Re: Brake Upgrade for 82 Sud

I dont think the 16v front discs and calipers are any different from other 1.5 / 1.7 parts, at least size wise.

Have a read of this post as you can fit much larger discs than the standard 16v discs by fitting the bigger Alfa 164 discs

Not sure if you'd need the 16v servo and master cylinder

Last edited by Pascs; 17-01-09 at 07:11.
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: Brake Upgrade for 82 Sud

As for the rear brakes i think you can just swap the disk calipers with those from a 16v as i did in my sprint. But in order to have rear handbrake you should also purchase the linkage of the 33 16v that will convert it to rear. I dont know if you have to mod the brake lines that are on the sud axel because in mine i had to do something similar but simple.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

brake , sud , upgrade