What's it weigh ? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Leics.

Member car:

Ex 3 Sprints

Re: What's it weigh ?

Originally Posted by RSFruitbat View Post
I dont know if this is where rallying differs from racing. Once I leave the service area its usually 3hrs and 80 miles before I will see the service area again. Because it isnt all competitive there is time to make running repairs. So the few tools, tape, belts, spare wheel etc have been the difference between finishing the event and sitting at the roadside waiting to be recovered.
Dont get me wrong if its not needed its not there but if I have had something fail which takes a few mins to replace and I have got a spare I would carry it. With entry fee's for forest events running at approx 450 and thats before petrol and tyres etc I cant afford to waste the times when I do compete.
The cars that win the events I compete in will be worth 6 figures. The cars winning the class I am entering will be worth 20000+
Funding it myself, enjoyment is the main driver.
It is very, very good fun though.

Well done for competing and enjoying fruitbat - I know what it is like because it was the same in drag racing back in the 70's and 80's when I raced. I got the cars as light as possible because I could afford that, rather than spending cubic money chasing extra horsepower
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member

These people are reccommended on this forum

www.alfapanels.com Alfa Romeo glassfibre panels, GTAm GTA Bertone Alfasud Duetto Spider

I think they do sud and 33 panels.

AHM do carbon fibre front wings with a flared arch.

AO Silver Member

Originally Posted by Alfasixnut View Post
I got the cars as light as possible because I could afford that, rather than spending cubic money chasing extra horsepower . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . which certainly would NOT help you slow down and probably wouldn't help round corners!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint