OK, some update about the carb issue...
Couple of weeks ago i decided to put the as they are blocked or not. I would unblock them driving. I wanted to taste how some modified 40's Dellortos would be .
Well , the first 2 days were very difficult as the car tried to " bite" me twice and both on a really tight corner. Then next 5-6 days were , lets say , introducing one another to the new behavior and today , well another chapter. But lets take it from the beginning.
Well , the modified 40's , even unbalanced , blocked and wrongly tuned are AWESOME. It is like i am driving another car, like i have installed a mild turbo. I mean , it lags a bit up to 2k rpm , a great "hesitation" from 2k up to 3,5k rpm and then "BAM" , explosion up to limiter at , currently,6,2 k rpm. It requires great awareness because the steering wheel respond heavily on that behavior especially if you have a small one like i have. The first time when i tried to take a really tight corner that i used to take at middle 3rd down full 2nd gear , well i had to take it sideways like rwd and had to full lock steering twice in order to straighten her and avoid pavement. Wow , didn't expect that although the explanation was simple , i was at way higher speed than usual , probably +20klm . Well , i said , this might be incidental so lets try and push the carbs more and help them unblock. 2nd day while in straight line i and pushing full throttle i was way more than speed limit and i had to struggle real hard to brake on a red light as i was to brake in less distance from the traffic light.
Next 5-6 days i was learning the car form the beginning , pushing it gradually and opening full throttle only on highways. Things got better and we had partial unblock which caused difference in mixture when hot engine and really high idle. As you can guess , the consumption went up 50% than supposed to be but i didnt care , i was really enjoyed that push after 3.5k rpm.
Today , John (JKBsprint) told me to take the Sprint at his place as he had the Carbtune and try to balance them and fix that idle. Yes , carbs were unbalanced and carb on cyl1 is still partially blocked but he managed to bring them on an acceptable state were the idle is at about 600rpm , and the engine stopped trembling. We added some fuel additive to clean the blocked path and went off for another test.
Even better now , from idle to 2k the responsive is calm and progressive , from 2k to 3,5 the rhythm is speed up a little while the trumpets are roaring and after 3,5 up to limiter at 6.2k rpm is almost instant like turbo . In fact i was able to keep up with a golf VI FSI from rolling traffic and and wasn't loosing much ground up to 120klm redlimiting her with a Seat leon FR in a small straight line (while FR was dumping black smoke from exhaust during gear changing
I must say that i am very satisfied with the mod. Videos will follow shortly......