Οκ , time for some update.
Couple of months ago i had an issue with my cooling fan which melted causing a short circuit and a possibility of fire.
Cooling Fan :: Old cooling fan picture by xGreekx - Photobucket
I changed that with another original one , generous donation of JKBsprint, and everything was ok. Couple of days after that incident i had another issue where the car wouldn't start . When i turned the ignition on , i didn't had light on the dashboard and no current. Battery was fine because radio was working . A quick tour to the shop where i left it for the electrician to check it. 4-5 hours later and the car was ok , some plastic connections in the steering wheel had melted causing the problem.
Why i am saying this story? I noticed couple of days later when i decided to drive at night that when i switched lights on i had also high beam enabled . Switch was working but it didn't make any difference. I had to remove the cable from the engine bay to make them stop working . I thought that probably another cable had melted causing the 2 power lines to work together and kept a notice to take the car for check.
Things got little worst in the next 2 weeks, my xenon started not to work well, first was the right one that sometimes refused to open up until the time when the left stopped working completely. When left one stopped working right one started working again.
I though , ok , i had them almost 3 years , bought from Hong Kong quite cheap , i should be happy that lasted so long. I was ready to have another set.
So we are coming on present day. yesterday i visited JKBsprint at his place for just a quick coffee since i had a long time to see him. As you can imagine , instead of having coffee inside his house we spend half the day in the garage checking the car (more of that later). I told John the problem with my light and that i probably would have to trip the car to find the problem when he called his brother in law to check the situation (expert in car's electric ). After 10 minutes the results were unexpected. The car did not had any problem , is was a mistake of the guy that fixed the problem with the ignition. it seems that in the processes of trying to find th problem we switched relays in the fuse box causing the problem with the low /high beams.
He switched the in the proper position and it worked as a charm , i know can switch from low to high beam. Due to this "misplace" of the relays caused the problem with my xenon amplifier which burned the left one . Fortunately , John donated , again, one of his spares which worked like a charm.
So , as me and John have said before many times, it is not Alfaromeo's that have the problem , but bad servicing during their life....