Series 1 oil pressure gauge into series 2? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 15-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
Series 1 oil pressure gauge into series 2?

I've bought a series 1 33 1.5QV, which has the voltage and oil pressure gauges down by the gearstick. The car's rusty though and I'm taking parts off it and entering it in jalopy racing and a demolition derby.
I'd quite like to have the oil pressure gauge in one of my series 2 cars - does anyone know where the sensor is for it and whether I can fit it to the block of a newer engine?

Last edited by Ben_NZ; 12-02-09 at 09:14.
Sponsored Links
Re: Series 1 oil pressure gauge into series 2?

if its like a sud engine then i think mine is down the centre line in the top of the block at the flywheel end (if that makes sense ) near to the distributor i think. the picture shows it in place on my freshly painted block.
its to the left side which is the flywheel end hope this helps in some way (or is even correct info )

Member car:

AR 33 1.7 16V

Re: Series 1 oil pressure gauge into series 2?

I fitted one of these to a friends series 3.

On boxer block there are two possible sensor positions. One is on the top of the block (like kevjtd said) and other is right on top where the oil filter is located. Either of those locations can be used to fit it.

As i can remember gauge block has 4 pin connector:
- common ground (this goes to both of the gauges and to one side of illumination lamps)
- illumination pin (this goes to other side of illumination lamps) - when this pin is switched to 12V the illumination is on
- power pin (this goes to one pin on both of the gauges) - this is switched to 12V when you the car is switched on
- oil sensor pin (this goes to middle pin on oil pressure gauge) - with this pin disconnected and gauges powered oil pressure gauge will be in FSD (full scale deflection)

If you need any more information about connecting this you can post a picture of rear side of gauge block and i'll tell you which pin is which.

Hope this helps...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

gauge , oil , pressure , series