Worn Alfasud front shocks - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 25-01-08 Thread Starter

Member car:

Worn Alfasud front shocks

Hi all,

Does anyone know where to get replacement inserts or even struts for the alfasud? I've heard of Koni reds but the suppliers I've asked here in Sydney can't get them anymore. I've seen shocks on the net made by Gabriel but I think they require special Gabriel needle bearings which I assume are sold separately.

Obtaining the whole strut would be nice but I'm sure impossible. With a new insert I could press new bushes into the strut and this should be enough to stop the play. The shock part itself ie the solid shaft in the centre and its seal are still good, but the outer part of the shock has worn through the chrome due to the rubber dust boot breaking through and letting in dirt etc.

Any help/advice would be really appreciated.

By the way I've just stumbled on this forum and this is my first post.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Torfaen
Re: Worn Alfasud front shocks

Hi Sudnut - and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure what it's like in Aus, but i struggled quite a lot to find decent replacement parts in the UK for the front suspension on my 1983 Sud.

I ended up with a mixture of new parts, second hand replacements and refurbished 'old' bits. Springs were the easiest to find - I went for lowered Spax ones.

I know it's not much help, but it does just seem to be a matter of trawling the 'net' and finding decent contacts for new and used suppliers!!

good luck

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

alfasud , front , shocks , worn