Sprint 6C build up - Page 64 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 6Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Louth
I dont post much on this thread but I've followed it from the start. Harsh words aren't needed. This was a mammoth challenge when you look at where it started.

I personally think a break is deserved. Its been 2 years nearly and I'd be tired of it too. Also, its coming into the winter season so not a huge amount doing (last plans were a stripdown and respray iirc).
In relation to someone buying it/working on it, if it was mine, someone would have to move me out of the way with a baseball bat to get near it. If someone wants to work on one or own one, let them start from scratch.

Again, If Ive spoken out of place, I apologise unreservedly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

kevjtd

is this the new boxer manifolds thread

(Post Link) post #1578 of 1863 Old 20-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Leics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevjtd View Post

Brilliant Kev!!
And once again I am grateful for the comments and support that this forum has given me and the 6C. It will be worked on and improved over the next few months/years and I will not be seeking extra assistance - remember the 6 month saga of the two "Autro-electricians!"
... but there is more to life than the 6C - or Alfas - or even cars..... so I am doing other things as well and enjoying the variety and slower pace.
kevjtd

happy to spread some joy

AO Silver Member

Quote:
Ive been ignoring that cos ive got two spare ones and cant decide which is best but I just had a read through it. intense stuff!
kevjtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyduff View Post
Ive been ignoring that cos ive got two spare ones and cant decide which is best but I just had a read through it. intense stuff!
all calm now though

i've banned myself from getting involved anymore

Unregistered

County: Nicosia
It did start to sound like it didnt it ?

... honestly, I should learn to keep my mouth shut !!!!..... Any schools available for this ?
Club Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged16v View Post
It did start to sound like it didnt it ?

... honestly, I should learn to keep my mouth shut !!!!..... Any schools available for this ?
YES
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Firingsquad2.jpeg (121.7 KB, 3 views)
AO Member

County: -
Spacenut
as a major contributer to the 6 C build up , what do you think ?
Sixnut
so perhaps you will not be needing my alternator in VGC
what spares do you have left over from the donor that could be exchanged for it and the battery value 100 .
ALF
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiliasuper View Post
YES
Now thats what I call a permanent solution !

Maybe I should unsubscribe from this thread as I get upset by what some people are saying
AO Member

i just hope Sivnut replaces the whole Sprint electics with the 164 electrics as was suggested by someone else
Sixnut has the complete wiring diagrams from the Dutch 164 owners register and I have lots of loom.to lift the gloom.
I dont understand the last message
Lauren where are you ?
i think a message from er in doors is required also
OLD ALF with another 164 thanks to Alfa RACER
AO Member

I am a 164 owner now with three cars and have been saddened to see so many of this great Alfa giong the way of Sixnuts doner which was a good condition runner,
The v6 engine is fantastic and at least six cars I have got spares from were being broken for such purpose this year .Having said that when I saw what Sixnut was intending to do 2 ywars ago and the condition of the body work of the Sprint the v6 was going into I was amazed and indeed thought he was a nut case
.However when the history of the 6C was realised I was happy that the engine was going into something very specisl ,and since then only Sixnut knows the support I have given at critical moments includin Auto Italia .he owes me big time,
well at least a meal somwwhere with his charming wife Christine with whom I am sure he wishes to stay on good terms .
The task of puttiing the engine management system of the164 into the system of the Sprint by a structural engineer inexperienced in electrics Sixnut was bound to find difficulty ,and so it has proved ,
With his roving eye for other challenging projects ,it was bound to happen hat he will start somethig new before finishing the 6C
c
Club Member

Dear Old Alf,

Please realise we all LOVE Alfa's , that is why so many people have contributed to this thread. You happen to have a soft spot for the iconic 164 ...
But please understand Phil set out to create an iconic Sud, it is /was a daunting challenge, he has taken, getting on for 2 years to achieve his particular take on an awesome car. If now he needs some space / time to refocus on other parts of his life let him. In the fullness of time I for one am sure he will " finish " the project.

Please accept this in the spirit it is meant, I have no intention of starting a flame war.
WE ALL LOVE ALFA'S

Any idiot can face a crisis - it's this day to day living that wears you out. Anton Chekhov.
Unregistered

Thank you Andrew

Dear OLD ALF,

I would like to add to this conversation... because I cant help not to !

Some points that you might be wrong here, according to me :

- You keep calling out for Lawren and Philip. You have already put them in a difficult position, and I understand that even if they've seen this posts they will feel awkward to reply !

- I am very sure that Philip values your contribution to the 6C GREATELY !!!! I am sure that if for example you asked Philip to go for a dinner or something, he would take you out in a second and he wouldnt take any money! No question about that !
But here you are, embaressing Philip in a public forum , saying that he doesnt value your contribution, just because you want to get back on him for not working on the 6C as we speak ???

Those are a couple of issues you need to think about, and again thats just MY opinion !

Now, to end this conversation, Philip is a top guy ! Very nice , very polite and very understanding.
On the other hand, if your contribution was TO ME and not to Philip, and then you wanted me to give you 100 pounds for a battery, you wanted your alternator back and kept rubbing an electrical harness in my face, you know what I would do ?
I would go out, buy a running 164, tax it, wash it, fill it up with petrol and just give it to you over dinner at my house, so that I wouldnt feel that I owed you something ever again !

I have helped out so many of my friends so many times , I cant even count them ! I NEVER asked for ANYTHING in return, I NEVER asked for money, and I NEVER reminded them that I helped them or I gave them something, EVER !
My satisfaction for helping them in any way, is the smile I see on their faces afterwards !

Again ! These are my thoughts , NOT Philips ! I havent even talked to him for a long time now.

Philip, I am very very VERY sorry to talk this way in your thread and without knowing your opinion on the subject.

I honestly cant read any more of these comments as I'm very sensitive and I take some things personal.
I am currently un-subscribing from this thread so I dont get tempted to read anything else.
AO Member

6c wind down

I hereby unsubscribe also ,
SUPERCHARGED you have got it wrong
I am just as nice a giuy as Phillip and do more for my fellow Alfa owners across the globe than you hve done ..free of charge and at a loss in fact
Philip is a proud man and the offer to trade his spare 164 parts which I probably dont need in exchange for a nearly new battery and alternator.was the best way to get what he needs without feeling an obligation to me,with another free handout.and there has been one or two.
Maybe this should be a PM.
I am sorry if I am the cause of you leaving the thread but perhps we all need a break
If Sixnut needs anything at all to get back on the 6C track ,he knows where i am ,
from the nome of Ryder Sam .

Spacenut . see you in my dreams
as I go back to being Young Alf again after having met you,
(Post Link) post #1591 of 1863 Old 24-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfasixnut View Post
Thanks for the alternator offer Old Alf but we won't be able to go to the CAD. We've been up in Yorkshire and will be up there again that w/e I believe. Glad that the "Lady in Red" is being well received. I've still got some 164 bits and bobs which you are welcome to have when we next meet up.
There seems to be a degree of confusion Alf - as you will see I offered the 164 parts for free. I have not asked for your Alternator. I always regarded your battery as a loan and I am happy to return it- with cash to pay for it's use in getting the 6C back from Stanford Hall.
AO Silver Member

County: Stirling
Sorry for interjecting (not sure if thats a word )

Due to recent aquisitions and stupidity on my part I have a few alternators (sud/sprint variety) laying in my garage along with a choice of three batteries... Phil if you need either or both let me know, I could probably drop them off when next heading south.

Liking your side projects
(Post Link) post #1593 of 1863 Old 25-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Thanks very much Sprint but I will be all right for Alternator/battery. However you are more than welcome to pop in for a coffee and chat if you are coming close by sometime in the future.
(Post Link) post #1594 of 1863 Old 01-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Well the 6C has been driven round to its winter resting place 5 miles away and it drove as sweet as a nut so maybe it was just an overheating problem rather than head gasket...???
It is now on a SORN and I will be working on the electrics in the next few weeks.
AO Silver Member

Excellent news. Dont envy you with the electrics
kevjtd

good luck sorting the electrics, once and for all

also sounds like the engine might not need stripping then, great news

can i make a suggestion re the overheating? maybe look at changing the cooling system so there is plenty of water above the highest point of the engine mount/make an expansion tank that sits in the rear pillar maybe

also what about another electric water pump near the rad, give the engine driven one a hand. just a thought

Club Member

Quote:

can i make a suggestion re the overheating? maybe look at changing the cooling system so there is plenty of water above the highest point of the engine mount/make an expansion tank that sits in the rear pillar maybe
+ 1 and maybe vent it through the original rear vent, saves you living in a sauna
Unregistered

Great news Phil

... no I couldnt unsubscribe from the thread ....

By the way... if you need help getting to the alternator for the electrics... give me a call
(Post Link) post #1599 of 1863 Old 04-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged16v View Post
Great news Phil

... no I couldnt unsubscribe from the thread ....

By the way... if you need help getting to the alternator for the electrics... give me a call
Very glad that you are still on board Chris! ....and I'm not as athletic as you are in getting to the alternator so I will be taking out the seats and rear bulkhead to gain easy access to the whole front of the engine.
alfasudcy

Just received the September 2010 issue of the AROC UK magazine and even though there is a MITCAR 2010 report, no photo of Chris in action (in my opinion the photo of the year) or of the unique and wonderful 6C are present. What a pity!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

Tags
build , sprint