16V Carbs conversion - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Megadron

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 27-09-16 Thread Starter

County: Russia
16V Carbs conversion

Hi, guys! I from Russia my name is Andrey, I have the AR 33 16 V (crabs conversion) Hi, guys! I from Russia my name is Andrey, I have the AR 33 16 V (crabs conversion and C&B Road medium) project http://alfisti.ru/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=58369. It is very heavy to make it at us in Russia! Now I have a problem with an ignition corner, I don't know what corner better to put at first? I have the vacuum operated adjuster of ignition from 8 V carbs. You can help or give references to similar projects?
Excuse for my English!

Last edited by Megadron; 27-09-16 at 11:31.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Limburg
Hello Andrey. I tried to read your thread with google translate and it is a very nice project with the C&B cams and custom flywheel. I didn't understand your question at first but then realized "corner" is "angle" (I'm from the Netherlands by the way). Your custom flywheel doesn't have the markings for static ingnition advance and maximum advance but you could copy them from an 8v carb flywheel if you have acces to one. Otherwise, according to the Haines manual, latest carb Sud boxers had 8 degrees static advance, 22 degrees at 2000 rpm and maximum advance from 4500 on is 36 degrees. The original injected 16v has a maximum advance of 34 degrees. A few degrees advance more gives some extra power but it depends on the quality of fuel you have if the engine can take it, so it takes a little experimenting.

'08 GT 3.2, Sud '82 QO, '76 Ti, '75 L, Montecarlo, 308.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 29-09-16 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert308 View Post
Hello Andrey. I tried to read your thread with google translate and it is a very nice project with the C&B cams and custom flywheel. I didn't understand your question at first but then realized "corner" is "angle" (I'm from the Netherlands by the way). Your custom flywheel doesn't have the markings for static ingnition advance and maximum advance but you could copy them from an 8v carb flywheel if you have acces to one. Otherwise, according to the Haines manual, latest carb Sud boxers had 8 degrees static advance, 22 degrees at 2000 rpm and maximum advance from 4500 on is 36 degrees. The original injected 16v has a maximum advance of 34 degrees. A few degrees advance more gives some extra power but it depends on the quality of fuel you have if the engine can take it, so it takes a little experimenting.
Thanks! I have tags on a flywheel (8 and 36 degrees), I copied them with 8V of the motor. I have Timing Light Craftsman Engine, I can establish (http://www.ebay.com/itm/SP8000-Ignit...cAAOSwgY9Xc5ih) a different corner. Now I have a corner of 15-16 degrees and idle speed of 1200-1300 rm and AFR (air fuel ratio) 0.85-0.9. today I will try to reduce an initial corner to 8 degrees and to adjust AFR. You know what AFR I have to have in idle speed? I have a set of orifice plugsf (idle jet, main jet, emulsiontube, air corrector jet) or AFR resetting.
Mufasa likes this.

Last edited by Megadron; 29-09-16 at 09:54.

AO Silver Member

County: Budapest
Hi Andrey,

The AFR at hot engine should be around 14.11 (lambda 0.96)
to 14.7 (lambda 1)
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 03-10-16 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf33 View Post
Hi Andrey,

The AFR at hot engine should be around 14.11 (lambda 0.96)
to 14.7 (lambda 1)
Hi!
Now I have EQ (Equivalence Ratio) idle running 0,87-0,9 (1100 RMP and of 8 degrees timing ingection). 1.2-1.5 EQ on 3000-4000 RMP, the car very badly does power. I need to adjust (idle jet, main jet, emulsiontube, air corrector jet). Now I have:
- 32 mm diffuser
- 50 idle jet;
- 180 air corrector;
- 132 main jet;
- 9164.3 emulsiontube.
Someone can tell me settings of the carburetor for 16 V conversion carbs?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 33, Sud & Sprint

Tags
16v , carbs , conversion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page