OK, next project... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 12-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
OK, next project...

Working through the to-do list on my recently-acquired Sportronic, I have just put the car through its 108k service with no issues identified (phew) - apart from a tired-looking radiator. Then visited Marco to remove grey velour and install black leather interior - much better! And weirdly the seats are way more comfortable, too.

So next up:

1) DSP - I've sourced a DSP amp but have no loom or parcel shelf speakers. Kinghams of Croydon have quoted me 53 and 40 respectively for these items ex VAT. Does that sound right?

2) Sat Nav - looking at posts on the forum, it seems the G2 Navtech system was not updated after 2001. Are more recent disks available for the G3, though? And how can I tell if mine's G2 or G3? My car is 2001 and I have a 2001 CD. Details from the ICS are:

ICS software: ICS v5.41
Navigation software: Ver. ARIE612D
Database: uk/18602734

The Navtech CD itself is Version 2001-1/13.0

3) Workshop manuals - are the CDs sold on eBay (eg item 230200531958) worth getting? 10 or so sounds like a good deal for an original manual...

Any help gratefully received...

Had the pleasure of: 'Sud Green Cloverleaf | 75 TS | Spider 2.0 Lusso | 155 2.0 SP | 166 Super | 166 3.0 Sportronic | 156 2.5 Q-System | 166 3.0 Sportronic | 146 1.8
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
Re: OK, next project...

1. I thought the price of the loom was much greater than that, so I would grab it quick, when I sold my loom for the CD only the price of the Eper was £183 or similar and nearly £350 for the DSP combined loom.

2., unsure, Niall is your DIY Satnav expert, but makes sense to do at the same time as the DSP save ripping out the interior again (however you have already done it once, but the back seat has to come out again).

3. IIRC there is a package of manual and parts disc for £6 which is good. Of course they are illicit copies and some feel uncomfortable about buying them (especially if working in IT), but they work fine, not had a duff one yet.

AO Member
Re: OK, next project...

Black leather is fine but as I experience now, cold in winter. Switching on seat heating solves the "problem" within a couple of minutes. Recently I found some ICS "secrets" on our Dutch forum: Press Clima + right turning knob = ICS software version. Clima + Dark = Additional version info.

Last edited by klaasw; 12-12-07 at 20:39.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166