My 166 for Sale - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 09-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

166 2.5 Lusso

My 166 for Sale

After a couple of weeks of rainy weeknds, I have got to go back to an estate car to ferry muddy kids and dogs around in, so my 166 has got to go.

The car is a manual 2.5V6 Lusso, in Neptune Grey with a light grey Momo leather interior. Mileage is 94,000, MOT until April 08. There is a full Alfa Romeo service history (last was at 87,010 miles).

The spec is pretty standard, and includes elec heated seats, elec folding mirrors, elec windows, auto dimming rear view mirror, rear sunblinds, climate control, adjustable steering column etc.

The engine pulls like a train - I changed the MAF sensor last week and what a difference that has made to the car! Oil consumption is normal and everything works as it should.

Overall condition I would describe as good, with just a couple of things I would sort out if I was keeping it ;
Alloy wheels are bubbling in places, stone chips on the bonnet and doors, annoying rattle in the front whellarch which is the air intake wobbling around.

Since I bought the car in October 2004, Alfa Romeos warranty has kindly donated and fitted the following replacement parts:
Upper front wishbones, steering rack, offside front shock absorber and rear lower wishbones. I have replaced the radiator, MAF sensor, engine top mounting and the exhaust center section and repaired the wiring on the bootlid.

I am looking for offers around 2200. The car is available for any inspection or trial - call me on 07739516033 or e-mail me with any questions.

I will upload some pics tomorrow when I have washed the car!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'02 156 1.8 TS

Re: My 166 for Sale

location? year?
AO Silver Member
County: Powys

Hey one for Dazza
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 09-12-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

166 2.5 Lusso

Good questions?

Car is V reg, first registered October 2000.

Location is Hertford, just north of London

Originally Posted by jason156 View Post
Hey one for Dazza
Don't confuse the poor boy. He's started to wobble (!) again with all the Supra stuff.

I'd like a 2.5 166 but would have to get rid of the 164 first.

On a more serious note, this looks like good value to me (but not a 166 expert), so good luck with the sale wobbler.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

166 , sale