A few questions - 166 2.4JTD - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

AR 166 2.4JTD

A few questions - 166 2.4JTD

Well, I have been driving this beauty for ower a month now, time for some questions and stuff

It's a '99 2.4JTD with 154kkm on her back.

1. The windy sound coming from the driver's side is becoming a bit loud at speeds over 100kph, which is strange. The car supposedly had no crashes. Can it be the door rubber seals, or what? Other side is not that loud...

2. I suspected a classic MAF problem, but the symptoms are not so classic when it comes to MAF - car runs great, at about 3krpm feels like it is hitting a fuel cut for a milisecond, and then it pulls again, maybe a bit weaker. What to check?

3. The seats (fabric, electrically adjustable) feel like they're not fixated enough, when I move in it some clicking sounds are coming out
Some would say that's just the way the electric seats become after years of use, but I disagree Is there any help?

Tnx in advance, 'll be back with more

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

AR 166 2.4 JTD

Re: A few questions - 166 2.4JTD

Not many 2.4 JTD owners here bat 2 of your problems anyway isn't because of motor.

1. Coould be that the rubber seal around the frame of the door is torn and the wind is coming in - check it. Could be also that someone was taking door panel of before you and tore the cover - but i'm not sure that that would cause windy sound

2. I have the same problem - at 3000 rpm it "thicks" for a second and pulls normally away - but not all the times - so don't be worried if it goes well.

3. Try to put the seat out and check if there is any loosen screw. It helped for me but not on alfa so i'm not sure.

Hope at least one thing helped here.
AO Silver Member
County: Wicklow
Re: A few questions - 166 2.4JTD

1. check if the window is in the "groove" or "rail", not outside when you pull it up...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

166 , 24jtd , questions