Loudlink - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 02-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 166

Thumbs Up Loudlink

Well it seems like breaking my CD changer was a blessing in disguise. One of my main gripes on my Alfa was the lack of iPod/Mp3 connectivity. I decided to buy a Loudlink from Arnold on the forum.

So I got it, loaded up a 2GB SD card with MP3 files, and went to fit the Loudlink. Removed broken CD changer, pulled out the cable and one of the tiny plastic pin connectors in the middle fell out.
Luckily I caught it.

Plugged in the Loudlink, and nothing..I guess the pin connector on the power cable was important, but I couldnt get it to go in as it's so small. I then proceeded to go to two seperate car audio shops, both of whom I have used before, spending a lot of money.
Slightly OT but the quality of service in the UK is abysmal! Both of them very reluctantly looked at it and said that they couldnt help and I would need to order a new cable from Alfa

So I tried again, I could see the groove on the tiny pin and I pushed it back in, then plugged in the Loudlink.

Hey presto! 6CD's showing with around 100 tracks on each!
My one reservation about Loudlink before was not being able to arrange the tracks, but Arnold sent me the link to a playlist controller which now means you can arrange the tracks on each 'virtual CD' in any order you wish. As good as you are going to get in a 166. Because of the old ICS technology, I'm not expecting to be able to see track names, but with albums arranged in the right order, it's not so bad.

I have just fitted it and tried for a few minutes but initially all looks good. With mp3 files at 320kps quality the difference to CD is negligible.

Thank you to Arnold for being so helpful and answering my many questions. A good guy and a good product
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Glasgow
Re: Loudlink

How much of a pain is it to fit a CD player or MP3 player to an Alfa 166 that hasen't had a CD player fitted. I've got a fm transmitter. its not great.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 02-11-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 166

Well the car already has the cable in the boot, so if you buy a Loudlink as I did from www.loudlink.eu then you simply plug it in, job done!
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'02 156 1.8 TS

not all have the cable....if it's there it's plug and play

If not you'll need to run the cable from the boot through to the ICS...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166