Hello again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-10-07 Thread Starter

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 166

Hello again

Hi everyone, I have now reposted this to the correct thread (I hope)

I have had a nice collection of Alfa Romeo's for many years now.

It seems that they are getting more complication and awkward to work on as time goes on.

Anyway, recently moved to a nice 166 3.0 Sportronic - very nice car.

When I bought it, it came with a portion of the problems listed on this forum - still, as long as it goes eh......

Last week I have my first new problem with it. The panel started showing that the rear passenger door was open. Everything else works OK - lock, central locking etc. Down side is that the light stay on for ages once you have opened another door, and the alarm has started to go off occasionally soon after it has been locked.

Checking with Alfa, a new door lock is 45+vat, which I think is OK. But before I bought it, I thought I would take a look myself - in case it was anything simple.

So what did I find? I disconnected the lead and expected the panel to show the door closed - but it still showed it open. Took off the lock and checked the switch with a meter, and I can see that there is a connection between pins 2 and 3 when close and none when open. Also there is a connection between 1 and 2 - but this is does not has the same resistance - so I figure that the switch is OK (maybe).

Has anyone got any idea what the readings should be from the switch and if the behaviour of the disconnected connecter is correct?

I don't mind buying the lock - just don't want to waste my money. If I get a chance tomorrow, I am going to take a look at the connector from the door to the pillar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wicklow
Re: Hello again

Try to follow the wire to see if the shielding came off somewhere and the bare wire is touching some metal..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166