166 17" Tyre pressures - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Kalmar

Member car:

Oilburning BMW..

Re: 166 17" Tyre pressures

Originally Posted by SimonR View Post
I have also just spent a small fortune on a suspension rebuild, and I agree that it is definitely worth it, totally transforms the car.

For my wheel alignment, I used the settings listed under "166 sport" on the Corghi computer, which correspond to;
Front -2mm total toe
Rear +3mm total toe

This is also what the Alfaworkshop recommend, as opposed to the factory settings of
Front -4mm
Rear +5.5mm.

The stability is very good, and I believe the rear geometry is key to this.

By the way, do you have any thoughts on fitting new bushes to the front anti-roll bar?
Yup, sounds a bit like my settings, the factory specs really didn't do it for me. Too much rear toe for my liking. As you say, it's all in the rear geometry in my book also. Have tried some extreme settings to see how it affects the car and experimented a bit. But it's not a Porsche GT3, 166s are best as stable hi-speed cruisers, but with those settings you can also thrash through the roundabouts at full speed! I'm trying to get rid of some understeer though, but I think this can be minimized but tweaking here and there.

EDIT: Front end of my car is in very good shape, no need to refurb any major parts yet. So no bar rebush yet...

BMW M525d 2011
Husaberg FE570 2012

Last edited by DavidP.; 03-04-08 at 05:35.
Sponsored Links

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

pressures , tyre