New Boy With 164 Woes - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-09-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 164

Thumbs Up New Boy With 164 Woes

Alright troops just I'm fairly new around here but I'm hoping some of you guys may be able to help me out.
Just picked up my first 164, 1995 3.0 V6 Super 24v. On the drive home, however I noticed a couple of little glitches. First off, when I sink the throttle the injector warning light comes on for a bit. Doesn't come on under gentle acceleration or at constant revs. The garage said they had replaced the fuel filter that morning, could this be caused by air in the system? Also twice on the way home the engine seemed to hesitate for a second, kick then carry on as normal - could the two faults be related? On interrogation, the car spat out fault codes for the cam angle sensor and a faulty ecu. Basically guys, should I be worried or should I just shrug my shoulders and say "It's an Alfa! It's all part of the fun!"
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

Re: New Boy With 164 Woes

I'm in the middle of an engine management fault code fixing spree, because I think it's worth doing. I've replaced the lambda and now need to replace the EGR solenoid. If I were you, I'd replace the cam angle sensor. I don't think it's a huge job, but I've no experience of it and I'm no mechanic, I'm just going on what I've heard.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

164 , boy , woes