Warning lights help !! Almost none are working ! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-08-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Help Warning lights help !! Almost none are working !

Good Evening,

On my 164 V6 Super 24V I seem to have a problem with the warning indicators on the Instrument Cluster. Upon Start or Test all light up except the ABS, Airbag, and Automatic Suspension Warning light.

The Hydraulic Warning Indicator works and its tested, so are the Oil Pressure, the Battery Voltage and the Temp Gauge.

The temp overheat light only turns on on Start and Test but when I checked & earthed the wire from the sensor the light didn't light up.

The Coolant Level Warning light Never turns on, I found an Earth on both wires so it is shorted somewhere, problem is where !

The Oil Level, Brake Pad Wear and Windshield Fluid Level Warning Lights I need to test but I don't know from where to begin with.

The Brake Light malfunction light is also a problem as I can't check that either, I removed a bulb but it didn't light up still.

Has anyone got an Idea from where these wires are passing from or how I can test these warning lamps, they really **** me off as I am a perfectionist and hate having all ok except these things and I'd like to check them. I only have the wiring diagrams of an American 12V Version and a 1992 one, does anyone have diagrams or ideas where i can find these wires on a 1996 24V ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

lights , warning , working