Why is it Misfiring after fixing a leaking hose ?! HELP Please !! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 03-07-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -
Help Why is it Misfiring after fixing a leaking hose ?! HELP Please !!

Hi all,

Thanks for all your advice on the fuel leak. I found out that the fuel line joining the front and rear fuel rails was leaking from the front part. I cut the eaten part off and refitted it.

As soon as I turned on the engine the car ran horribly, misfiring and completely hesitant. I checked the hose and the rear end of the same hose was leaking fuel (literally squirting out fuel) ! I cut the line and fixed it.

Now the car isn't leaking any fuel but its misfiring, but I can't understand how ?!! I only cut out 5mm off the pipe from both ends and it seems that the fuel is flowing wrong. The car never misfired, it was regulary serviced and was smooth until I fixed the hose connecting the lower and top fuel rails (Connection at the left side).

Please help me out I've spent so much on the car and was really glad that all the work and money paid off, now what on earth can be the problem !! How could cutting the hose and fixing a leak result in this ?!!! I must admit that some fuel did by accident fall out of the rail when disconnecting and re attaching the hose but how come its misfiring ??? It was perfect !! I haven't slept all weekend connecting a state of the art alarm system and was happy after filling the tank up and giving it a spin, but how can the engine work fine 5 mins before fixing the hose and horrible after ? On accelerating the misfire seems to dissapear but on Idle its hell. Anyone Please help I'd be most gratefull !!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

fixing , hose , leaking , misfiring