164 value? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 28-06-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
164 value?

Hi all,

As my new GTV will be arriving on Saturday, I am going to be parting company with my 164. Very nice car, but not particularly well suited to London traffic and parking conditions.

However, I don't really know what I should be asking for it. There are none on Autotrader and eBay tends to have parts cars and pretty tired examples. Mine is a dark metallic green 1997, 3 litre 24valve with automatic transmission. Lovely black leather interior with electric everything ( which all works - including the climate control display ), though the air con isn't blowing cold. Has all the keys and I haven't scrimped on maintenance. A pretty tasty bill round Christmas saw the cambelt and water pump changed, as well as a full service. Also has a new battery, rear brake calliper and hand brake cable.

Going to advertise in Autotrader, but not sure on price. Obviously I am not going to recoup any of the cash spent on her, but at the same time, I don't want to give it away for a song. Any ideas - or for that matter, any interested A0ers?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -
Re: 164 value?

Well, I can empathise mate. My 164 Cloverleaf 24v went up in flames about three weeks ago due to a massive electrical fault (or so we think). It started as I was moving it in the driveway. Anyway, it was probably the best in the country (no exageration) on a 1995 'M' plate. I won't be settling for less than just under £3,000 from the insurance.

I would say, that if yours is a minter with under 90,000 miles, you should be able to ask between £1,500 and £2,000. If it's clean with higher milage then I'd say £1,300 - £1,500. Nice 164s are really very hard to find now.

Another good place to advertise is Auto Italia magazine. If you buy a copy there's details on how to advertise. It's your direct market and it's free to advertise in there with no word limitation. You could also visit their website www.auto-italia.co.uk for details. The cars advertised in the magazine get put on there too.

I know it works, because I just bought my replacement 166 3.0 Super via the adverts on the website!

Good luck - it may take time but there's still a market for late 164s in nice condition!

Rockin' all over the road!
AO Silver Member
County: Clackmannanshire

Member car:

Alfaless :( BMW!

Re: 164 value?

I sold my 164 3.0 Super via Auto Italia years back - It had a snapped cambelt and 24 bent valves but the phone never stopped ringing. The buyer traveled a 700 mile round trip to see it and then the same again to transport it home!

Certainly the correct audience for such a car - Good luck.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166