Best of luck Barmy and as others have said you will find the quirks amusing, not always mind you, but most of time I'm sure..
I have sorted some of mine now but have given up on the idea of getting is 100%, it just ain't gonna happen!
This was my listed posted earlier on in this thread just after I picked up the car...
1. Compartment on dashboard yet to reveal itself to me.
SUSSED THIS NOW, JUST NEED TO PRESS HARD
ON THE BUTTON.
2. Indicator on bulbs do not illuminate on dash display.
STILL DON'T WORK, I'VE GOT USED TO IT NOW.
3. Squeaky brake noise eminating upon acceleration.
THE MOST WORRYING ONE AND POSSIBLY DOESN'T CLASS AS A QUIRK.. I'VE HAD IT THOROUGHLY CHECKED OUT AND BEEN TOLD IT IS JUST SOME SORT OF RESONANCE, YET - IT ONLY OCCURS WITH CLUTCH PEDAL NOT DEPRESSED AND MAINLY 'OFF ACCELERATION', 3500+RPM.
4. Central locking not working off remote
ALL SORTED, GOT ONE FITTED FROM A SCRAPPER (CAM BELT SNAPPED)
5. Accelerator pedel fell off. Yes, fell off!
STILL MAKES ME LAUGH, HASN'T HAPPENED SINCE I PUT THE PEDAL AND PIN BACK ON
6. Rubber trim around driver door constantly falling off.
GOT ONE OF THE SCRAP 166, RIGHT AS RAIN NOW.
Do NOT be put off (too late anyway I guess) by these quirks, they are all part of the fun. It is a simply wonderful car to drive and never fails to put a smile of my face. Mine doesn't drink any oil or lose any water. The ICS seems very accurate as well, it shows 25.4 average which is seems about right.