Blinking ICS screen. 166 TS. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-07 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Somerset
Blinking ICS screen. 166 TS.

My wife and i have both recently noticed the ICS screen occasionally 'blinks' when the headlights are on. It is only for a split second, but is as if the screen briefly goes to non headlight on mode, and then back. I would be interested to know if anybody else has experienced this, and if it may lead to a more serious problem with the screen.
Sponsored Links

Member car:

Re: Blinking ICS screen. 166 TS.

While I can't help you, I share your problem. Mine dims and lights regularly - I assume it's something to do with the light sensor but I haven't had time to take it apart. I was a little annoyed though that I got it back from a several thousand euro service (timing, shocks, etc) to be told by the garage - "oh your ICS is acting strangely" - it was fine before they got it! I don't think they had any reason to meddle with the ICS, so it might just be coincidence......
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 166 TS 2.0L

Re: Blinking ICS screen. 166 TS.

My one recently started to dim and then light back up a bit. It is almost like it is charging and changing with the alternator. It looks a bot concerning alright but dont know what it is . ALl my connections are sound at the back.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

166 , blinking , ics , screen