Re: 166 Buying Guide???
Re: Buying an Alfa
I have a 164 and my experiences with Alfa (general) are;
1. General lack of tecknical information from Alfa. (You won't get a Haynes manual for it) Hence the need for this forum.
2. Main dealer labour prices are through the roof and the work is not so hot either.
3. Parts can be expensive, especially genuine parts.
4. Bodies are made well and are very slow to corrode.
5. Engines can have long lives if looked after, especially doing oil level checks and cam belts changes.
6. Best to do your own maintenance if you can, that way you will know the quality.
7. Yes, they do have nigglies go wrong with them, but are generally reliable - depends often on good maintenance again.
8. Depite all the nigglies, prices etc they are special cars and great to drive, that's why we put up with all the other things. Besides they look a ton better to look at than BMWs (there's loads of them round here) : }