HELP!! HT leads for a 2l TS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-08-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Help HELP!! HT leads for a 2l TS

Afternoon everyone,

Haven't posted here for a while, but anyhow, I need some help!! Ineed some HT leads.

I've entered a real shed of a 164 TS in the banger rally and have had all sorts of trouble getting it ready - clutch slave cylinder, brakes, etc etc and have now come up against a new problem. The HT leads are knackered.

I've only been able to price a set of these for about 35 all in, and on a 100 car that i've already spent 200 preparing, it just aint worth it. Especially considering i could be giving that money to our charity (Aplastic Anaemia Trust - see,and that the car's going to end up in an Italian scrap yard at the end of September.

Has anyone got a half decent set of leads that they can let us have for next to nothing / nothing??? Even if you can only lend them to me unitl the end of September I promise i'll bring them back with me! I know this is a real cheeky ask but I guess that this is the best place to make a request of this type.

Otherwise, i'll be gutted to do it but i'll be breaking a '92 164 TS. Good for new brake pads and discs (fitted but unused), complete lock set with main and valet key, brand new slave cylinder (again, fitted...), good condition alloys, set of 8 champion plugs.... the list goes on....

So please please please help us out if you can. Go and have a dig around in your garage, shed, bin, wherever. Even part sets will help us out!
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: North Yorkshire
Re: HELP!! HT leads for a 2l TS

If they're the same as my 1998 156 2.0 TS, you can cut the boots off the extensions, unscrew the old HT leads and fit a set from an Austin Mini as long as you crimp the coil ends down a bit. Cost you about a tenner.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166