Tracking, balancing and some engine rumble shake stuff at 2000 RPM - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Boring Tracking, balancing and some engine rumble shake stuff at 2000 RPM

Anybody got any experience about how prone the Alfa may be to loosing the balance on the wheels due to a not to perfect tracking ?

My tracking is not spot on, and I am taking it in for having it tracked and also to verify my balance, since I took a kerb twice in the last three days.

Apart for the tracking then I seem to have minor unbalances in my engine power (the car "shakes" a little) around 2000 RPM more noteable with cruise control engaged (166 2.4 JTD, 140 HP).
Now I cannot find out if this is me being paranoid and this is a hard setup on the suspension due to 17" wheels, worn engine mounting dampers, or indeed the engine not performing well at 2000 rpm.
My guess is that my car does not like it when you are feeding it very little gas, anybody got input for this one ?
Just had it serviced: new air filter, oil filter, oil, fuel filter and air con filter even. So I do not believe it is a breathing problem.

Btw. A lot of you are talking about MAF and cleaning it. Well anybody got schematic or a PDF about how to clean it etc... ?

PS. Still enjoying cruising in it down the motorway.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

2000 , balancing , engine , rpm , rumble , shake , stuff , tracking