I've barely been here 5 minutes and I'm sorry to say that after about a week of 166 ownership, the car just isn't for me. Sure, it's fast, handles brilliantly, is comfortable and well equipped but I've realised very quickly that I'm missing the hydropneumatic suspension of the larger Citroen's too much.
The car itself is a 1999 T plate (July registered) with 63000 miles (ish) on the clock, backed up by its service history and MOTs. It's got 12 months MOT and road tax left on it.
Bodywork is silver and the interior is the light grey Momo leather. Interior's great apart from the front armrest - the covering's worn and the hinge is broken - I'm currently sourcing a replacement from a breaker. All the electrics work, barring the central locking on the offside rear door (the lock itself works) and I seem to have cured the ICS displaying the aircon error message by vaccuuming out the sensor.
The bodywork's reasonably good - there's quite a few stone chips on the offside but being silver they're not massively noticeable. However, if I was keeping the car I'd have them done - I've been quoted £400 to put right, including a section of the rear bumper, where a corner graze has been sprayed poorly - looks patchy.
Mechanically it sounds fantastic and runs great barring the slight hesitancy under initial accelaration - if you see my other posts you'll see the red injection light came on on Monday - it's going in for a diagnostic check early next week.
I appreciate that all sounds quite negative but I wouldn't want to mislead anyone as to its condition. Everything else is superb. It's HPI clear and is bl**dy fast. My wife will sorely miss it (like many of you guys I'm assuming, she can't understand why I'd want to sell something so gorgeous to go back to an XM or V6 Xantia - I guess I must have LHM in my veins). Options-wise it's got the Momo leather, built in phone (never used by me), Xenon lamps, rain sensors, electric sunroof, storage bags on boot lid and a different design of 17" wheels. The only sticking point as such is that having only had it a week, my full copy of the V5 document's not yet come through. I'd be happy to hold it and garage it if someone wants to hold it with a deposit until the V5's here.
Right: the price - I've actually already found a Citroen to migrate to and I'm trying to pursuade the seller to keep it to one side for me. So, I'm looking for a quick sale. Naturally I'd prefer not to lose money on it but I do want to free up some cash from the Alfa fairly swiftly.
Glass's suggest a private retail for an excellent condition one (I'd probably say this was average to good) at £5180.
Parker's (not very reliable I know), suggests about £3800.
HPI when I had the report done suggested around £4100.
Anyway, I need a quick sale - I'd be willing to take £3500-£3600 for a serious enquiry but would naturally prefer not to go lower.
If you're interested, drop me a line to email@example.com
. The car's in Lincoln - 20 mins or so from the A1 junction with Newark. I can email pictures on request too - just give me some time to take some this evening!