Uneven Running 166 Sport-tronic - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 18-04-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Uneven Running 166 Sport-tronic

Hi there from Australia

I am trying to track down a problem with my 166 3.0 Sport-tronic , it has what seems to be un-even running at about 60kph or approx 1500-1800rpm in 4th gear. It feels like the engine is mis-firing but I am not convinced of it. I have had the MAF replaced in the past at it did seem to improve it but still didn't fix it , plugs have been done and when hooked up to the Alfa diagnositics it doesn't show any sensor problem I have been told by Alfa dealer they have had some cases of a locking bolt which locates a plate that one of the driveshafts goes through which they have had a couple where the bolt has come loose. Anybody got any thoughts. It actually feels like a out of balance wheel but have had several different sets of rims on it along with all rims being confirmed as being perfectly balanced by several tyre shops.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Uneven Running 166 Sport-tronic

i think its the air flow senor, i had the same problem. It does not come up as a fault code, i would try it first before you spend any big money.
If it is the air flow sensor(air flow meter) it will make a hell of a difference.

166 3.0 sport tronic 1999

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

166 , running , sporttronic , uneven