166 back and clutch worry - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-03-06 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

166 back and clutch worry

I just got my car back from the bodyshop. I'm pretty cheesed off about the state she was returned in but after more than 2 months of waiting I just wanted out of there.

The worst news is that the Opel Vectra I had for the weekend felt like a better overall ride, but I think I'm just annoyed to have pick my beauty up in bits. She's going for full interior valet and a scratch removing session.

I asked them to check the clutch for me because even before the crash it felt weird like there wasn't much travel in it, I have to push it to the floor/mat to be sure its in? I don't remember it always being like this, am I mad?? There's no grinding of clumsiness so maybe its okay
Sponsored Links
Well Happy Re: 166 back and clutch worry

Sounds like the box is going (poor design for RHD cars). Every 166 I'd test driven had the same problem; you had to press the clutch pedal throught the floor to change gear. It got better as it "warmed up", but was really difficult in the morning.

I have just had the clutch pedal box rebuilt by my man at T I Auto Engineers in Dublin to great effect (Gerry - +35318386567). Biting point was in the floor and cruise control would not work - all fixed; along with siezed handbrake cables and a full 12,000 mile service, for 622. Not cheap but its like a new car.

Chris Flight
Ireland Section?? - AROC

1750 Spider Veloce (1968), 1.6l Giulietta (1985), 2.0l 75 (1992), 2.5l V6 166 (2001)

See Northern Ireland Italian Motor Club at http://www.niimc.net/

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

166 , back , clutch , worry