Clutch repair - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-03-06 Thread Starter
AO Member
Well Happy Clutch repair

Had a very good time with the Alfa last weekend, and then couldn't share the moment with you all

Driving on Friday, clutch pedal gets halfway down and jumps to the right and clicks. Happens every time I change gear. Bugger, I think.

Decided to have a look on Saturday, and after a while with my head stuck in the footwell I found a small bolt (of no known origin) under the mat. Another fiddle around amongst pedals and I found it had fallen from a brace plate halfway between pedal and master cylinder.
Spannered it up and not only has the clutch pedal stopped clicking, it has also improved the clutch action beyond belief! Since I got the car the clutch has always needed to be pushed down hard (I thought was usual, having read the comments here), now the bite point is much, much better!

Also, the cruise control now works, since the clutch pedal now hits the switch properly to alow it to engage!

And my ebay purchased CD changer arrived and works perfectly! I've now got to make up some sort of restraint to stop it wandering around the boot.

In all, a great day!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member

Member car:

'02 156 1.8 TS

Re: Clutch repair

i think velcro is pretty effective if you can't be bothered making/buying a proper bracket....

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

clutch , repair