Electrical gremlins - '89 164 3.0 V6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 09-05-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: New South Wales
Electrical gremlins - '89 164 3.0 V6

Got a couple of niggling things up that I have a suspicion may be related, but I have no way of proving just yet...

- Blower fan doesn't operate
- Door lights no go
- rear reading lamps no go
- vanity mirror lights no go

I also can't find a permanent +12V line on the harness connector for the radio (none installed presently), and to add insult to injury the stop light warning light is on, but goes off when I push the brake pedal (looks to me like this is a bad earth under the dash). oil dipstick symbol & the ( (!) ) light (brake warning? maybe a brake pad sensor?) are also on.

Everything else seems to be working though, air/c stepper motors are working, as are the LCD readouts, glovebox light, other dash buttons etc.

Any suggestions or solutions are greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Electrical gremlins - '89 164 3.0 V6

If you don't get any joy here try joining here http://www.digest.net/alfa/FAQ/164/ as there are a fair few 12v owners who post regularly with technical issues in the discussion forum, the experience and combined knowledge of the 12v cars makes it a valuable community to belong to. Worth buying a Cardisc as well which includes all wiring diagrams and troubleshooting procedures for just about everything that can go wrong

Hopefully someone here will be able to help you out, I would try but I dont have access to any 12v diagrams etc, only 24v ones

Edit: try this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...973269306&rd=1 to save splicing wiring etc

'96 164 Cloverleaf

Now a Mercedes CLK 430 Coupe.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

164 , electrical , gremlins