164 Central Locking - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
146+164So Far!
164 Central Locking

Some time ago the drivers door barrel broke in frost, it will unlock but not lock. At the time I took the door card off to see the connecting rods or anything were ok, so I know it is the lock itself. Copious amounts of WD40 and penetrating oil didn't help. At present i have to open the front passenger door and reach across to lock it from the inside. I took the fuse out naturaly so the locks aren't fighting each other. Also the rear doors have never centrally locked since I have had the car although they lock fine from the inside.

I haven't had time to do a search on here but I'm sure it has come up. Anythoughts on the best way to proceed and the easiest way to get it sorted. I don't really want to end up with more than one key and am contemplating getting a full lock/ignition kit from the dealer (although I haven't got a quote).

I'm going to do it soon as I need to replace the front door speaker and hate taking door cards off more often than I have to . Any tips on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Cheers, Happy Driving.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

164 , central , locking