Sunroof switch assembly - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 30-03-05 Thread Starter
AO Member
Sunroof switch assembly

Hello forum,

There appears to be a bad connection relating to the sunroof switch on my 164. It often opens and then refuses to close, necessitating me taking the panel off. Must be pressure related - was told it was a crack somewhere on the printed circuit board, as when it is unscrewed, it works fine. Looks to be fairly sealed up and opening it might make things worse.

But what I am concerned about is if I get a replacement, will this affect the alarm fobs? Replacing the whole thing from a scrap car would be the easier option, but I don't know where the brains of the alarm are and suspect that they are probably located on the circuit board. So my fobs would need reprogramming - if they can be.

Hmmmm. Anyone know more about this?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Sunroof switch assembly

I used to have the same problem with mine, I had to press damned hard to get the button to work, in some situations it used to actually hurt my finger I was pushing so hard.

I took the unit off and checked all the solder joints...they looked fine but I went over pretty much all of them with a soldering iron and a tiny bit of new solder and hey presto it works fine 100% of the time now. Well worth doing.

Make sure also that the wind deflector is not catching on the sunroof itself, sometimes is drops down a tiny bit late stopping the roof closing, this can be fixed by adjusting the arms that go from the deflector to the runners.

'96 164 Cloverleaf

Now a Mercedes CLK 430 Coupe.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

assembly , sunroof , switch