Fuel pressure regulator & hoses - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: West Yorkshire
Fuel pressure regulator & hoses

Can anyone suggest a supplier for a fuel pressure regulator and the correct hoses to replace the fuel injection hoses on my 164 24v Cloverleaf (1995)? I have looked around the forums and seen advice to get the proper hoses, but not found anywhere that sells them. I think they could do with replacing, especially as the FPR is piddling petrol everywhere when I fire her up.

Which brings me onto the second question - anyone know the correct FPR for this model, might be available under the part number if it fits many vehicles?

Also, anyone had any experience of these aftermarket FPR units with adjustable pressure and a gauge attached? I'm not bothered for tuning purposes, but they are readily available and quite cheap, if I can't find an Alfa one then it might be an option?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Cumbria
Re: Fuel pressure regulator & hoses

You can get short lengths of high pressure fuel hose from Halfrauds. I've replaced mine with that and not had any trouble for several years now. Don't know about the fuel pressure on the 24 valve. On my 12 valve, it's supposed to be 36 PSi at idle (or about 42 with the vacuum pipe disconnected). If you get an adjustable pressure regulator, make sure you get one with a vacuum take-off on it. I think the "performance" ones don't always have them, so the fuel pressure will be high on over-run for it to be OK at full throttle. I think this might cause it to use a fair bit more fuel.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

fuel , hoses , pressure , regulator