Number plate for sale - V6 ROM - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
Number plate for sale - V6 ROM

My cherished 166 appears to be on its last legs - currently in the third garage in a row trying to find why it has suffered a catastrophic loss of power, refusing to rev to over 3,500rpm. It's not the MAF, the cat has been changed to no avail and nothing shows up on any diagnostics test.

It ticks over beautifully so the garage which changed the cambelt two years ago insists it not a timing issue but as a last resort it will have to be stripped to check that.

Anyway, the point of this post is to say that with the MOT about to run out I'm putting my number plate V6 ROM on a retention certificate in case the problem is terminal. If the car recovers it will go back on but in the meantime is for sale to help pay for the repair bills which are going out even without anything being found. The plate looks great on the car and has been valued at 995 by and can be bought from them at that price but is being sold privately by me at 695 inclusive of the transfer.

If anyone is interested let me know either by email or on 01579 321260 and best wishes for happy motoring from one very sad Alfa owner.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Berlin
Re: Number plate for sale - V6 ROM

I'm not really into personalised plates but someone out there must have some very old (ie. 1903-32) number plates with 'A 166' and 'V6 166' on them .

In Germany, there is no such personalised plate system. You must register the car at your address, which means if the car is moved to a different part of the country, it will be issued with a new plate. Each area has a different start code, eg. B for Berlin. However, the rest of the plate is up to you. It just depends on what has already been taken. So, in Berlin, you could have have B MW 1, for example. At no extra cost! Wonder how much that would set you back in the UK .

Everybody stay calm. Don't panic. It's just the end of the world. It'll be all right, as long as we all keep chanting.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

number , plate , rom , sale