Bl**dy CD Changer - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Bl**dy CD Changer

Good Afternoon,

I have now bought one with an amp, but yes my car is one that does not appear to have a lead in place !!

There is nothing in the battery area and nothing on the otherside by the fuses, nothing under the spare wheel.

However when I started to remove the gear lever gaiter and trim, i did find a 1 cm diameter cable covered in a very fine "fish net tight" type material with a bit of yellow tape on it, could this be the lead ?

This weekend i will remove the ICS, to see if it has anything connected to it.

My question was what does the lead look like ? Not the end with the plugs on but the cable itself ?

Alfa want £45 for it and i reckon if you remove the door sills it could be fed just under the carpet, under the back seat and into the boot..........

No doubt a 10 min job ........

I did find the manual release for the fuel filler cap which is handy as the button is temprimental.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Lancashire

Member car:

ALfA 166

Re: Bl**dy CD Changer

check out some of the threads in this forum 1st before starting this job,i believe cd on its own can be done that way but not with an amp on it.check it out
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands

when you say amp, do you mean the proper Alfa/Bose DSP amp or an aftermarket? critical as the cabling is different, and I suspect the £45 option is not for the CD plus DSP amp , but just the CD.

It took me (with some helpful posts from Niall off here) a day to retro fit a DSP and CD player, I could do it in half that time now, but the back seat has to come out, centre console lifted out and ISC removed to get it in.

That said, it is worth stickling over, the sound is much improved over standard.

AO Member

A have the skipping CD saga..Read somewhere on the forum that one needs to turn some screws upwards inside the CD box to stop the that true ? and if yes, where are these screws ??

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

bldy , changer