Re: Thoughts on Loudlink & couple of questions
The Loudlink is not perfect but probably the best budget solution for the 166.
1. Decent sound quality
2. No skipping over poor surfaces
3. Much greater song capacity than the CD changer
4. Integrates with existing Alfa controls
5. Small, easy to connect and sits out of the way, in the boot
1. Limited to 594 tracks (99 per CD button)
2. Unable to display song title or other information. I know this is a limitation of the Alfa system (and also a problem with the CD changer) but it's a killer with so many tracks, as it's impossible to remember where an individual track is located
3. No quick track selection facililty. If you want track 50 on CD2 then you have to go to CD2 and then click 49 times!
4. Search facility within track doesn't work. It's not so much of a problem with music but is a pain if you are listening to a talking book and want to rewind
5. No control of iPod, at least with the original Loudlink
6. Costs €192
A single SD card - any capacity, I believe - can be used and slots into the side of the unit. Since you are limited to just 594 tracks, there's little point in using anything more than a 4Gb card, however.
Everybody stay calm. Don't panic. It's just the end of the world. It'll be all right, as long as we all keep chanting.
Last edited by Tony Rome; 13-03-09 at 13:47.