Which Blaupunkt Multichanger ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 10-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Which Blaupunkt Multichanger ?

Good Afternoon,

I have just bought a "y" reg ts Lusso, 43,000 miles, 1 owner FSH. £1900 it is a hell of a lot of car for the money, time will see if it is a good purchase.

It does not have phone / sat nav or CD. I can live with the first 2 but would like a CD changer. They are on ebay for £50, but would any Blaupunkt one work, or do i need specific model ?

I have seen the recent post re loud link, but I am also too tight !!

Due to its size my wife would like rear parking sensors, I have seen some aftermarket ones for £50, does anybody have any experience with fitting these ? - it looks fairly simple ..........................

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
Re: Which Blaupunkt Multichanger ?

only a Becker CD changer will do, and a specific Alfa only one at that, and that cost £500 or so from the dealer, so ther Loudlink starts to look a bargain. Ebay price can be about £50-100 depending on how lucky you are, but the most important thing is do you have the cabling in the boot, as not all cars were, and in true Alfa style there seems to be no pattern to those that were or were not. If not it involves pulling alot of the inside apart to run the correct cable through, again, from the dealer, it can be nearer the £150 mark depending on the cable, whereas the Loudlink sits in the glovebox and no dismantling involved.

and welcome to the world of 166 owneship, you're in for an interesting, infuriating, thrilling, satisfying but never boring time.
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

156 GTA

Originally Posted by purple145 View Post
and welcome to the world of 166 owneship, you're in for an interesting, infuriating, thrilling, satisfying but never boring time.
Ditto, couldn't have put it better myself.
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

Hi - Welcome to 166 ownership - had reversing sensors fitted on my 166 2 weeks ago by a prof. bodyshop. The rear bumper has to come off, as there is no gap underneath to get at the wiring, then there is some absorbent packing and a large girder. The unit I fitted had 4 sensors wired to contol box in boot which sends a radio signal to a small screen unit I fitted to the ics front panel, looks good. The unit gives a display in metres along with the usual beeps and when you get very close it shouts STOP ! - Bought it from Ebay £50.00 ish
Recommended - Good luck
I am still saving up for my CD unit !!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

blaupunkt , multichanger