Drivers side passenger door wont unlock - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
Drivers side passenger door wont unlock

Have read the various (good and helpful) threads about central locking and will pursue these (i.e. WD40 first, panel off second if possible with a door that wont open?), replace something last) but this could be slightly different anyway. Using the key fob button cycles the locks (except the jambed one); using the key in the lock does the same if all other doors unlocked; car can be secured by locking rear passenger door from inside then manually locking both front doors (drivers side last) and not alarming the car - pain in the neck and always done in the wrong order when rushing for trains!). Throughout all this the unlockable door lock stays unmoved - I have tried to pull it up with pliers but no joy.
Will report back if WD40 does the trick (or not) and see if I can fix this if the door stays resolutely closed/locked
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Berlin
Re: Drivers side passenger door wont unlock

Originally Posted by jrec149 View Post
I have tried to pull it up with pliers but no joy.
James, you'll need some very thin-nose pliers to get in there to pull it up. If the motor has gone, though, it will then just stick in that position, which is even worse! Hope you can fix it with some silicone spray or some such.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

door , drivers , passenger , side , unlock