saving for a 3200GT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Re: Options when new
OMG i never realised i had heated windscreen! Just checked and i have the thin wires running along the base of the windscreen.
Physical evidence for VDC is an amber warning light in the shape of a warning triangle surrounded by an arrow in a circle on the rev counter. According to my manual VDC cannot be turned off unlike the ASR system.
Main components of the VDC are
- a sensor that detects the position of the steering wheel
- four sensors that detect the rotation speed of each wheel
- a sensor that detects the rotation of the car around the vertical axis
- a sensor that detects lateral acceleration
- a pump with pressure switch to keep the brake fluid under pressure.
Basically the VDC will activate when one of the sensors detects a discrepancy and will take the appropriate action to bring the car back under control within seconds. It can brake one or more of the wheels with a different braking force and if necessary reduce the power of the engine. Pretty clever stuff and could save your life.
The manual also states that for the VDC, ASR and ABS systems to work correctly, the tyres must be of the same brand and type on all 4wheels.