Stand by your 166. Pomeo Wynette. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member
County: South Lanarkshire
Stand by your 166. Pomeo Wynette.

While driving Pomeo last week I was driving along and on the radio while I was flicking the channels was wee Tammy Wynette or was it Dolly Parton banging out Stand by yer man....And the line was "After all he's just a man"...Dont know if I was feeling down with all the credit crunch and the 166 depreciation and the soaring cost of petrol but stuck in a traffic jam in Bellshill I realised.......Man It's just a car ....and with Stu the flats problems and the pathetic weather I've not been able to do the timing belt or springs or Pomeo's ar con fan.have been keeping up with the oil n filter changes though.I thought my love affair...everlasting love with the 166 was over and my bubble had burst.

With ken's timing belt and others problems ie no codes is just so well getting tooo much to bear/bare..................Then the traffic cleared hit the open road and wellllllll

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Its not just any car it's a 166.

Do any other 166ers get these feelings from time to time?.

This incident last week was my first ..Not even when the timing belt went and radiator popped did I get a feeling like this.I hope it doesn't end up more than a feeling.

"Don't follow me,Follow the Highway Code "

Last edited by Pomeo; 07-10-08 at 08:44.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Glasgow
Re: Stand by your 166. Pomeo Wynette.

Conratulations on the number of posts matching the year!

Stop showing off with all that zooming and clean filters!

Well you will be shocked to here this but yes! I have found my self flicking though car adverts looking for a replacment. Keep coming back to the 166's though (and the Jag XJ oh and possably an MR2 Turbo!) but as far as I can tell there isn't a decent one for sale at the moment. I'm going to have to spend over the value of the car to keep her running. So she just going to have to sit there until I figure out what to do.

Last edited by stu_the_flat; 07-10-08 at 08:53.
AO Member
166/164 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

Re: Stand by your 166. Pomeo Wynette.

Yeah I get it. Every time it costs me money I hate it for a bit - then I collect it from the place that took my money, go on a drive, and remember that is actually a wonderful piece of machinery.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

166 , pomeo , stand , wynette