Things were going so well.......spent loads to sort out:
- electric folding mirrors
- air conditioning
- new cambelt, idlers, tensioners etc
- front suspension re-build
- new tyres all round and refurbished cloverleaf alloys
- new badges
- re-coloured the leather seats
Car was driving so much better, and just needed a re-spray to make it look smart !! It wasn't meant to last.......the auto gearbox started to slip, and on checking the recently changed fluid (and filter), the colour was black rather than red after a couple of thousand miles. Then on Tuesday, it locked into one gear, and won't change up or down.
I suspect I am facing a big bill for a car which is only worth £1500 tops. I am in a real quandary about what to do next.
- How much will a re-build cost ?
- Is it better to look for a second-hand box (does anyone have a good lower mileage one available. Mine has done 110k)
- do I scrap the car
Any advice welcome.