Timing belt issues!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 21-07-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Timing belt issues!!

Hi quick question been reading for days and cant seem to find what im looking for. Basically i bought a 166 2002 v6 3.0. got stitched basically. Bought the car and dealer smashed it doing a regular service. They start going on about the timing belt and after being upset as it is just left and said forget about so i need to get the belt done.

What should i be paying for it as alfa wanted about $1000k on parts alone (maybe to cover the repairs to the body kit they snapped) i found parts in the uk genuine for about $200 pounds shipped, but rather get it done ASAP as car has about 65500km, and it was due about 5k ago. any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: Timing belt issues!!

Are you in Australia i would recommend going to Hugh Harrison at Monza Motors in Melbourne. If you change water pump and timing belt and all pulleys i would say about 1400AUD. Don't go to a main dealer apart from Lance Dixon who are always reasonable. Make sure you change the water pump at the same time as the timing belt. There is not 1000 in parts a couple of hundred at the most. All the cost is in the labour.
AO Silver Member
County: Wicklow
Re: Timing belt issues!!

and also make sure that the water pump has the metallic impeller, not the plastic one.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

belt , issues , timing