WooHoo my electric mirrors are working again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
WooHoo my electric mirrors are working again

its one of thoses little jobs ive been meaning to do for months now, my electric mirrors stopped working gradually over a period of time and ive just never got round to fixing them

anyway over the weekend my drivers window switch broke, the window went down but the switch wouldnt come up to put the window back up so i took the panel off and took the switch box apart to find that the tiny thin piece of plastic the switch pivots on had snapped, so i switched the drivers and rear passenger switch over and hey presto i could get my window back up, the broken switch works ok on the back window but im on the lookout for a second hand replacement.

whilst it was apart i took the box for the mirrors apart and cleaned the residue off the contacts for the mirrors which did the trick and the mirrors now work although the folding action still doesnt work but im really not bothered about that, how often do mirrors need to be folded and if they do im sure ill manage to do them by hand

it does feel great to fix something(however minor) yourself but its in having its belt done by a pro, bugger doing them myself
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Kent
Re: WooHoo my electric mirrors are working again

Well done Jabber, there are plenty of switches on ebay, I believe the switches themselves are the same as 156 ones.
AO Member
Re: WooHoo my electric mirrors are working again

I know what you mean about the satisfaction of fixing something yourself. So far, I have fixed the air con (fitted new condensor myself), the electric driver's seat, the fold function on the mirrors, the remote central locking key fob and the headlight washers.

Still can't get the mirrors to move up / down and in/out, plus the rear electric windows won't operate from their switches, but will from the front switches that the driver controls !!!

Keeps me out of mischief, I suppose.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

electric , mirrors , woohoo , working