164 Cloverleaf written off - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
Re: 164 Cloverleaf written off

Don, I was devastated to here your news last night, but I'm pretty sure you'll get everything swapped back into the other 'leaf' and all will be well again, albeit after much sweat and tears!
didn't get to ask you where you were going to take it for a re-spray, i would certainly recommend the chaps how did my tailgate dent;
Colourkit, just of Barkby Thorpe road.

......and at least you have the support of your good lady
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 29 Old 12-06-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Thanks Chris, it was good to see you last night.
Mrs milano has been great, I think she's worried I'll be as miserable as
I was when I didn't have a 'leaf on the road last time, I shall resist buying another 75 or 145 this time and just get on with it, the assessor came today to just make me feel bad I think,
when he said "as I walked towards the car I could see the n/s/r wheel bent under and I thought that was bad, and then I saw the o/s and it's not good at all"
I know its not good, I knew that one nano second after it happened, I've got no idea what value he would give, I did ask but he didn't know. So that was pretty uneventful, although the only glimmer of hope is that I should very very very hopefully know next week what the settlement figure is, we shall see...
Seeing Ian Osbournes 164 Cloverleaf last night again was a boost in the motivation department, Mrs is working next saturday, hopefully there won't be too many other cars in the workshop so I can make a start early that saturday, another good reason is it's in our carpark, I can't avoid seeing it all day long.

164 12valve V6 cloverleaf

There is a war on for your mind
AO Member
County: Leicestershire

Member car:

164 v6

Blimely, that was nasty Don. Glad to hear you're ok though. How many 164s are left in leicester now? I sold my black leaf and ended up with a 155 which i didn't get on with. Then got a 164 TS which i ended up selling to an elderly chap from Beaumont Leys. Need to bring my car in for Belts very soon. Hope you get a decent settlement on the 164.
AO Platinum Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Jaguar XJR V8

I hope the Rover's insurance will be paying for it all.
I had the misfourtune of having my 156 V6 Veloce written off after a similar cnut in a stolen Corsa crashed into it (Twice!!).
My insurers were complete aholes and (after 2 months) decided to write it off.
Had an agreed valuation of £2800, ended up with £2100 after they'd taken excess and other 'fees' off the price.
Wouldn't let me buy back the car (about &#163;800 'real world' damage) as they would be liable for it incase it was badly repaired and put back on the road <-borrocks.

Left a real bitter taste in my mouth with regard to your insurance paying out to you.
On the other hand they're very tenacious in taking money of other insurers when they can.

Fight your corner
(I had little choice, they had my car and my money, and the 'authorised repair centre' had stripped it down to bits for the repair evaluation and 'lost' most of the front end....."doesn't matter mate your insurance will be replacing those parts"!!)
164 'Leafs are my favourite Alfa (after the 75V6 Veloce).

...if wishes were fishes, we'd all cast nets...

Last edited by milowokie; 05-07-08 at 13:14.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

164 , cloverleaf , written