Anyone got a G2 navteq disc I could borrow? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

166 3.0 Super

Anyone got a G2 navteq disc I could borrow?

Sorry it's such a cheeky request but hear me out!

When I bought my 166 it was pretty well specced and had the nav option, but no disc. I've read a lot of the threads on here about G2/G3 and the Navteq discs for each. Mine's a 98 so no worries about the fact it's a G2, which was confirmed when I bought a 2005 map disc and it just refused to read! That was before I read about the G2/G3 differences - D'Oh!

I've been going over the car gradually and replacing the bits missing/broken and generally getting her back to as good a condition as I can (you know, the 12v socket in the rear, a replacement armrest cover, lower suspension arms, the usual stuff) and I'd like to get the nav working, not so much for the routes as they will be out of date but to get the damn clock working accurately!

However, before going out and paying money for a disc I'd like to make sure that the reader and (more importantly from reading threads) the aerial all work OK so I'll need a test disc for that. Knowing what a generous lot you all are, I thought I'd ask if someone wouldn't mind lending me a genuine or copy of a G2 disc (I think that the 2000/2001 disc was the last G2 one) so that I can make sure that everything is working. I will, of course, pay for all postage costs and send it back to you ASAP, with a little extra for a pint or 2 to say thanks. PM me if you'd like to help a 166 owner out.

Alfa 166 3.0 Super
Ford Capri 3.0S
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Lincolnshire
Re: Anyone got a G2 navteq disc I could borrow?

ill have a look for my old one, cant remember if i gave it away or not, but ill lend you it if i can find it.....ill have a look tomorrow for you, pm me yr address.......although i might not find it...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

borrow , disc , navteq