TS tickover - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-04-08 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Brera 2.4SV

TS tickover

My TS feels likes its going to stall when coming to junctions, it never actually does it, but it starting to worry me

The rubber flexi hose and airfliter box was changed not long ago, all the clips are tight, so i dont think theres an airleak

Where is the idle control valve on these engines and does it require cleaning like the older TS engines ?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
Re: TS tickover

idle control valve is the metal cylinder on top of the engine at the back, infront of the plenum (on the 164 ts, anyway)

when the engine is up to normal operating temperature, if the idle is still dodgy (ie, the problem isn't just when cold/warm) then disconnect the plug going into the idle control valve and if the car idles properly then it needs cleaning/replacing.

If you disconnecting before up to temp it won't eliminate the valve - car will run though you'll need to keep your put down on the gas pedal slightly to stop it stalling. this will clear when up to temp to a hopefully normal idle.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166