Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Loudlink Virtual CD Changer

3K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  Pigfarmer 
#1 ·
Hey guys (and gals),

Yesterday I installed a Loudlink system and have to say it's pretty awesome :thumbs: ! I've been thinking about it for ages and finally got around to getting one and I'm suitably impressed. Going from my cassette based SD card reader to Loudlink was like the AM to FM conversion of the last century. :lol:

I'm one of the unfortunates with a 166 without the CD cable :cry: so, as well as the Loudlink, I needed a CD cable. I also decided I wanted to install the unit in the dashboard compartment above the ICS so didn't want a huge great cable. The Loudlink boys sorted this out for me and made me a 2m cable. The service from Loudlink was great and I received my order in only a few days.

Obviously the biggest hassle was routing the cable to the back of the ICS, Doddy thanks for your excellent ICS removal thread :thumbs: without which I would be wearing a white coat with straps at the back - and how do you drive your Alfa with one of those on? However, even with these superb instructions it was a pig to get the ICS out - the release brackets are evil, devious and the spawn of satan, the whole installation process from start to finish was about 4 hours although I have to admit that my toolbox doesn't get used too often so it was partly due to lack of the correct hammer ;) .

If anyone else is thinking about the Loudlink solution I can highly recommend it - apart from my own installation issues - it's a great bit of kit.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmmmm, might have to copy that.

#8 · (Edited)
I removed my Loudlink, I prefer the sound quality of the pukka CD's rather than wishy-washy mp3. Mind you I've got the DSP in my car and I'm also a shît-hot guitarist so I reckon my ear is of Carlsberg standard.

I'm thinking about trying it again tho - this time with CD's ripped to MP3 at full bit rate, see how that sounds.

Other issues I has was fading in and fading out on the start of some tracks, the ICS staying on after removing the ignition key, and it looks crap - a huge hole where the CD player was!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.