Loss Of Power To Fuel System - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 27-03-08 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Warwickshire

Member car:

1.9 jtd gt

Madness Loss Of Power To Fuel System

Here we go again !!!!!
Had a few idle problems with my 164 ts and have done the usual by replacing the idle control valve upon doing this i noticed that the air intake pipes were starting to split so replaced all of these too. Once the fuel rail and all supporting bits were put back all in the correct place i have no fuel being pumped through the system at all now. Before the repairs it was fine! Had the AA out today to have a look and he seems to think it may have something to do with the crankshaft sensor. I am an alfa virgin so was just wondering if anybody has had a similar problem that they could share some ideas with me.
Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1265
County: Waikato

Member car:

Gtv V6

Re: Loss Of Power To Fuel System

Hi - bad luck there...
I only know the V6 but is it possible that you have left off an earth wire that would be bolted to the intake plenum chamber?

On my FIAT that has a Bosch L-Jetronic system, there is a tall fuel pump relay that mysteriously failed while I was working in the engine bay. One of the fine relay coil wires just needed re-soldering to the circuit board. I'm clutching at straws but the symptoms were the same, at least.

Hope you get some more specific advice and best of luck. Perhaps you could test the crankshaft sensor for continuity with a multimeter and hopefully eliminate that as the cause?

Re: Loss Of Power To Fuel System

I had a 75 TS and conked out on the one way near me. Power to everything but not the fuel pump. The battery connection was loose and the fuel pump seemingly had its own connection, so maybe check you haven't disturbed it.

I called the breakdown out, and he was stumped and about to tow me home. Just as he was shutting the bonnet he knocked the wire and saw it was loose.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 164 & 166

fuel , loss , power , system